Boilers are a type of Heat exchanger vessel or process equipment that is used to raise the temperature of fluids by swapping heat with other mediums. The modern boilers usually use water tubes to transfer heat.
The tubes here have thicker walls and due to the construction of the process equipment have restricted access space. The expansion of the tube's walls is carried out to fit them onto the tube sheet holes.
Tritorc provides a wide range of boiler tube expanders to reduce wall thickness and mould tubes to tube sheets accurately and consistently, without damaging the tubes or tube sheets
The Tube Expanders are manufactured within strenuous dimensional tolerances and are equipped with heat treated components. This is done to achieve optimal metallic grain structure and have corrosion resistant plating ensuring prolonged operation usage.
Boilers and Sugar Mill Process Equipment with Thick Tube Walls and Space Restrictions require Customised Tube Expansion Tools and Accessories.
- Tritorc also provides the various mandrel sets and Roll sets required to replace worn out components.
- We also provide Tube expanders with adjustable ranges and different roll lengths.
- Customised tube tools for access challenges in various orientations are provided by Tritorc.
- Flaring rolls are integrated with the expanding rolls to make the tool multipurpose
Boiler tubes with varied characteristics are covered in the vast portfolio of your Trusted Tritorc Boiler Tube Expander Series.
- Tube Sheet Thicknesses
- Tube Materials
- Tube Wall Thicknesses
- Inner Diameters
Experience advantageous features such as the following:
- Better Longevity of tube expander tools
- A Prestigious Clientele of Trusting Customers preferring Tritorc Tools
- Tools are supplied Promptly Ex Stock
- Variable Number of Rollers
- Vast range of tubes covered
- Competitively priced
- Customizable Options for Unique Applications and Space/Access Restrictions.
- Functions such as Tube Flaring, Expansion, Rerolling, Beading Covered.
Tritorc's Boiler Tube Expanders are compatible with the Tube expansion systems and Drives manufactured by Tritorc.
In a Boiler, the tube is a principal component and they are mostly water tube boilers, Rarely does one find fire tube boilers. These tubes have several modes of failure due to many important causes:
- Boiler feed water quality
- Thermal stresses
- Cross contamination with feed water
- Scale deposit build up
- pH level of water
The gaps in between tube sheet and the tube are checked using tube to tube sheet joint testing kit. Whereas, the leakages within the tube are measured with a tube leak detector.
Both devices operate using vacuum based measuring systems, here a drop in pressure is a sign of a leakage in the respective component or joint.
To ensure a leak free tube to tube sheet joint the following steps must be followed:
- The tube sheet hole and thickness must be measured correctly
- The tubes material, thickness and diameter must be selected as per the design requirement
- The tube sheet hole is reamed to ensure a proper fit of the tube
- A grooving tool is used to create grooves in the tube sheet hole internally, to allow for the expanded tube to fit into these recesses.
- The Tube can now be expanded using expander tools to fill the gaps created and the tube sheet hole wall.
Once the Tube to tube sheet joint and the tube itself are inspected for leakages, the tube is now fit to be used in the process equipment.
Insufficient tube expansion is not only a reason for leakages, it can also be hazardous for the process equipment and the personnel. Thus choosing the right tube expander for the tube is necessary along with the appropriate boiler tube expander machine.
When you ask for a quotation, you can rest assured to receive the best boiler tube expander tool price from the best boiler tube expander manufacturer. You can choose your required boiler tube expander tool from our product brochure.